Phoenix gave me a huge fright tonight. Silly cow swallowed her ox tail whole, choked badly, seemed to recover and started eating the rest of her dinner, I walked out and came back a minute later to her having thrown up her dinner (but not the ox tail) and was super distressed (but still trying to re eat her dinner), she was throwing up her food in a very sticky bile type substance, I thought we were about to have a trip to the e-vet but she seems to have fully recovered now. Never seen her more distressed then she was tonight, scary.
Now I am wondering if I should be worried about it becoming an obstruction....it was part of an ox tail about half the size of a fist, and she definitely didnt bring it back up. She seems mostly fine at this stage. Drinking and eating, but she was eating mid choke so not necessarily a sign of anything.
Any one with experience have advice? Is obstruction a possibilty? Should I look out for anything in particular?