Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Joint Formula - Do Any Work ?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    One front leg? (Or both?) Was this the result of an injury/accident?

    if her hips/elbows/spine are all tip-top, then I guess the answer lies in what has caused this issue with her front leg in the first place.

    has she had x-rays or anything to ascertain exactly what has caused this?
    Yes, one front leg only.

    I had her previous vet take some x rays to try to get to the bottom of it. Nothing really showed apart from him telling me she had some signs of arthritis in the joint.

    She now has a new vet ( due to the previous vet botching a simple procedure ). Both the old vet and new vet have told me she has excellent hips, back ect. It appears it's just the front leg that make's her life a bit difficult.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Mate, that's awful. I'd def be getting some new curent x-rays taken, or even an ultrasound to try to get a more thorough look. To have signs of arthritis in only one joint in her body tells me she's hurt it/ injured it somewhere, somehow. Maybe unbeknowns to you?

    I'm amazed they've (the vets) done nothing further to get to the bottom of it, TBH.

    How long have you had her on alternative therapies each time you've tried something?
    Have the vet/s even given her a course of injections, followed by further x-rays to see if any improvement has been gained?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  3. #13

    Default

    They've given me tablets for her, to use when it get's bad.

    I tried her on the SeaFlex sticks for a few weeks, until the packet ran out.
    I'm not a fan of putting an older dog under too often, unless really necessary.
    Money is not the issue.

    I get the impression i'm being told it's just a fact of her life that she's getting old and this is part of it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, australia
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    If money is not an issue, I highly recommend Glyde. Its an upmarket later version on Sasha's Blend, and also about double the price. BUT, given all the rescues I have had through, including my own pei Noah, I have seen it literally work miricles. E.g. Noah came to live with us at the age of 4 1/2 months when his xrays showed hip problems (due to malnourishment when a little pup) resulting in the need for hip replacement for one hip at 9 mths and ? the other hip. He was put straight onto Glyde and by time he was 9 mths, both hips were great with no need for surgery. truely amazing to witness.

    It is (like SB) a "high temp cooked" green tipped muscle base, so will take at least 1/2 way through the second tub to see results, but if you can afford it, well worth it. Only available from the vet.

    NB have also used SB in the past, great product but IMO Glyde is better!
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, australia
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Also, if the tab's the vet has given are Rymmadel, (anti inflammitory) be very careful using them. Reseach the side effects of these on the internet to be aware of what can happen. I did, and have since refused to use this medication on the rescues. In the past they were handed out to each of the rescues post surgery (any surgery) but since I have educated myself on this I no longer will allow the vet to prescribe for our dogs!
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shar Pei Rescue Victoria View Post
    If money is not an issue, I highly recommend Glyde. Its an upmarket later version on Sasha's Blend, and also about double the price. BUT, given all the rescues I have had through, including my own pei Noah, I have seen it literally work miricles. E.g. Noah came to live with us at the age of 4 1/2 months when his xrays showed hip problems (due to malnourishment when a little pup) resulting in the need for hip replacement for one hip at 9 mths and ? the other hip. He was put straight onto Glyde and by time he was 9 mths, both hips were great with no need for surgery. truely amazing to witness.

    It is (like SB) a "high temp cooked" green tipped muscle base, so will take at least 1/2 way through the second tub to see results, but if you can afford it, well worth it. Only available from the vet.

    NB have also used SB in the past, great product but IMO Glyde is better!
    That sounds very interesting SPR. I'll look that product up. The vet did tell me that they no longer stock SB as it's too expensive, but i'm sure they could order it in ( or this Glyde product ) .

    But you can buy SB at any petshop, why is this Glyde only available from the vet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shar Pei Rescue Victoria View Post
    Also, if the tab's the vet has given are Rymmadel, (anti inflammitory) be very careful using them. Reseach the side effects of these on the internet to be aware of what can happen. I did, and have since refused to use this medication on the rescues. In the past they were handed out to each of the rescues post surgery (any surgery) but since I have educated myself on this I no longer will allow the vet to prescribe for our dogs!
    no, it's not Rymmadel. I can't read what the bottle says. It's starts with a C. This vet i use is ├Âld school". No computers ect. everything is hand written, including pet's history.



    But i'm impressed with this vet. She's proven herself each time i've gone there. Far better than the last vet.

  7. #17

    Default

    Vet products direct list that Glyde for $105 for a 360g tub. Does that sound about right ?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, australia
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Vet products direct list that Glyde for $105 for a 360g tub. Does that sound about right ?
    sounds like a great price! go for it!
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

  9. #19

    Default

    I've just done a google search and there's a fair price difference.

    VetProductsDirect $105

    The Vet Shed $96

    PetFood 24/7 $89

    Value Vet products $74

    The last one might only be available to vets ??

    I think i'll give this stuff a try.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, australia
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I've just done a google search and there's a fair price difference.

    VetProductsDirect $105

    The Vet Shed $96

    PetFood 24/7 $89

    Value Vet products $74

    The last one might only be available to vets ??

    I think i'll give this stuff a try.
    lol, my vet retails the stuff @ $120!!!!!! let me know if you can purchase for $74, but even $89 is a GREAT price!! And get 2 x tubs as you will need both to gause how well the stuff works for you! I am very impressed with your sleuth abilities!!!
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •