Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Lumps Under Ears?

  1. #1

    Default Lumps Under Ears?

    Poppy has little lumps under her ears on both sides of her neck.

    I'm not worried about them as they must be normal since they are on both sides...

    But my question is...what are they? Glands?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawkesbury, NSW
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Around the jaw line just below her ears? Yep that would be the glands - lol many many years ago I freaked out when I felt them on one of my dogs, raced off the vets.....came out very embarrassed!

    In My Home Dog Minding
    www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreysAreGreat View Post
    Around the jaw line just below her ears? Yep that would be the glands - lol many many years ago I freaked out when I felt them on one of my dogs, raced off the vets.....came out very embarrassed!
    Yep, just there! Where our glands are, hence why I thought thats what they might be!

    Don't worry...I was just about the freak out about the lump when I felt one on the other side too! Phew!

  4. #4

    Default

    I read the description of this post from the index and automatically thought, lumps on either side of the neck... hmm glands!

    But maybe you should still go to the vets just to make sure she doesn't need antibiotics or any meds.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I read the description of this post from the index and automatically thought, lumps on either side of the neck... hmm glands!

    But maybe you should still go to the vets just to make sure she doesn't need antibiotics or any meds.


    Hmmm... I don't think I need to take her to the vet. She is fine, happy, playing, eating, weeing, poking etc!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Hmmm... I don't think I need to take her to the vet. She is fine, happy, playing, eating, weeing, poking etc!
    Oh ok, sorry lol, I must've have read the thread wrong but still I am glad she is all good.


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Oh ok, sorry lol, I must've have read the thread wrong but still I am glad she is all good.


    That's okay! Like I said, I'm not worried abou them at all just wondered what they were...if they were just glands like we have since they are in the same spot! Turns out I was right for once! Hooray! Haha!

  8. #8

    Default

    Good one Amy, it is good to know what the glands feel like. If Poppy is feeling off at any time, feel those same glands and if they feel bigger/swollen then you know she needs to see the vet and get some antibiotics.
    It is always good to know how every part of your dog feels and what everything is.
    That way if anything unusual seems to be felt, you know you need to see about it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •