Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: Moreton Bay Figs - Bad for Dogs???

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peta23 View Post
    DA: you should fed them to Inca when its raining...
    Smart-ass.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    I reckon it is the science diet (note these are american reviews of american products but they're made under licence here to similar / same recipes).
    Dog Food Reviews - Hill's Science Diet Canine Adult Active Formula - Powered by ReviewPost

    If the first listed ingredient on the dog biscuits is corn meal or maize something - switch to some other brand.
    **** I feed my boys this. Is there something better on the market?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Smart-ass.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
    **** I feed my boys this. Is there something better on the market?
    I use and highly recommend Evo.

    EVO Premium Dog Food, Natural Cat Food, Healthy Dog Treats – Natura Pet Products

    They stock it at Pet Goods Direct. It's brilliant IMO And I can't for the life of me remember who recommended it, but it's amazing and I am very grateful they did!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Um, I'm lost again. Was that post meant for a different thread?

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    I use and highly recommend Evo.

    EVO Premium Dog Food, Natural Cat Food, Healthy Dog Treats – Natura Pet Products

    They stock it at Pet Goods Direct. It's brilliant IMO And I can't for the life of me remember who recommended it, but it's amazing and I am very grateful they did!
    Thank you so much Batty! Will run down tomorrow and make the switch.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    hi Jessicat

    Loads of things are better. I feed Frosty Nutro natural choice which costs an arm and a leg. I was feeding "advance" which is good but Nutro is better in terms of the quality of their ingredients. Raw food (BARF) is probably cheaper though harder to manage than dry food. I also make a casserole and freeze that up in daily serves which works well for me.

    I'm not sure - of the supermarket brands - if any are any better so you might as well feed supercoat or purina 1 or pedigree as science diet. On that website you may find a top star rated dog food that is also sold in Oz that is affordable. I don't know what that is.

    You could look through the old threads in the doggy health section. Theres a bunch of recommendations for dry food. Eukanuba is another one - also costs an arm and a leg. I haven't looked up what the dog food analysis site thinks of it though.
    Dog Food & Feeding - Australian Purebred & Crossbreed Dog Forum

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    refresh button DA
    http://www.dogforum.com.au/dog-healt...html#post69618

    Jessicat's post - is there anything better to feed dogs than science diet

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Well I'm bad because I couldn't recommend any dry food TBH. So I'm of no use there, Jessicat.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    hi Jessicat

    Loads of things are better. I feed Frosty Nutro natural choice which costs an arm and a leg. I was feeding "advance" which is good but Nutro is better in terms of the quality of their ingredients. Raw food (BARF) is probably cheaper though harder to manage than dry food. I also make a casserole and freeze that up in daily serves which works well for me.
    The first ingredient in Advance is corn...it is crap food on the same level as Hills Science Diet!
    Last edited by Cleasanta; 02-24-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •