Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: Moreton Bay Figs - Bad for Dogs???

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Dinner...I get meat out of fridge...grate some vegies....mix....serve....3 min maybe

    I do not cook their stuff...it is fed raw!

    Breakfast.........take carcasses, minced carcass meat or chicken necks out of fridge...putt in bowl and feed....1 min

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Dinner...I get meat out of fridge...grate some vegies....mix....serve....3 min maybe

    I do not cook their stuff...it is fed raw!

    Breakfast.........take carcasses, minced carcass meat or chicken necks out of fridge...putt in bowl and feed....1 min
    You can even pre-prepare it for the week and freeze it.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    You can even pre-prepare it for the week and freeze it.
    yep...the vegies keep in the freezer in container and I freeze daily portions of meet so I only have to take out of freezer...put in fridge and off we go

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    I feel that any diet, dry, wet raw that works for your dog and you is the best one. Just because a few people on a forum advocate their passions does not mean it is right, nor does it mean it is best for yours as well. It does not mean you are abusing your dog if you do not get the most expensive one out there. There is a lot of misapprehension which is probably why the 3 vets I have known groan and say stay away from dog forums. Of course I don't though.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I don't mind you being blunt Angela.

    Actually though you are wrong. I don't push commercial or even raw or barf for that matter. I do tend to emphasise the use of commercial, only because the barfers, raw and prey feeders are so insistent on saying that commercial foods are bad for dogs.
    My interpretation (which could be wrong) of your post was and still is one of you pushing commercial foods. The reasoning behind my interpretation is that you are quite insistent that feeding raw/barf will cause more health issues in dogs in general than feeding commercial foods, I still fail to see how this could be so, but if you have documentation to back it up I'm happy to read through it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I have explained repeatedly that personally, I feed raw but I do also feed a little commercial so how could I be pushing commercial?

    My dogs are primarily fed a raw and natural diet.
    You don't have to do anything or believe in anything yourself to be able to push ideals on others. To me your post was very heartily pushing for people to feed commercial foods because, and I quote from an earlier post:
    The zealous push of raw and barf is and will see different health issues emerging. Dogs are now becoming undernourished because people feel that are now experts on canine nutrition.
    Because of this push against kibbles, I have noticed that many people now claim it is the cause of skin issues and allergies in dogs and everyone worngly attributes that to the wheat products. Bullocks! The most common allergen is what all the purists push you to feed - beef and chicken!
    I realise that there are dogs who are allergic to some forms of beef and chicken. What about the dogs who are allergic to wheat, corn or preservatives? Those 'additives' can cause skin issues and allergies. I would know, I have a skin condition that rears it's head when I have wheat and some preservatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I also DID NOT criticise ANYONE for what they feed. Lets get that straight. I criticised the absolute zealousness of those pushing barf. In fact, I am actually offended, not at your bluntness, but at your accusation.
    Actually yes, do let's straighten this one out. Firstly I do apologise for causing you offence, that was not my intention. I stated that No-one has the right to criticise anyone for what they feed, I did not state that you have no right to criticise anyone. Although, you did criticise Cleas for giving another poster information about an alternative diet for her dogs. Cleas didn't state that what she feeds is right for every dog anywhere. She did, however, very passionately state why she feeds the way she does, and thoroughly explained the reasoning behind this. She also stated numerous times through her posts that it was her belief. I believe that Cleas has also done a great deal of research into diet and how to balance it and is doing nothing but the best for her dogs. Just as your combination is the best for your dogs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    How many times will you hear me say to anyone - that food is crap, you're killing your dog/making it sick/whatever by feeding it that. NEVER. NEVER EVER. I do not criticise anyone for feeding anything.

    The fact a person who previously fed a commercial diet has been so scared off commercial foods, by those who push barf, that they have tipped their perfectly GOOD DOG FOOD in the damn bin, worth $200 speaks VOLUMES about who is saying what!
    I'm sure you don't say that, from my impression of you that wouldn't be your style. Admittedly my impression is formed purely from the manner in which you type.

    Actually it was due to a post about euth'd dogs being put in the dog food mix that caused that reaction - one which I believe was American I could be wrong there but I'm fairly sure it wasn't an Australian article - it was not due the push of Barf. I read the article too, and while I didn't buy into it, it was very emotively written and would have had me freaking out too. The food being thrown out wasn't due to someone pushing Barf, but was actually due to someone explaining what the possible meat 'by products' were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Dogs will not die being fed a commercial diet.

    I am so over hearing the guilt trip laid on people who feed commercial diets. Feed your tinned food and your kibble to your hearts content guys and ignore the ludicrous (at times) claims made.
    Maybe not, but can you prove they won't die from complications or health issues caused by the commercial diet? Can you prove that some cancers are not caused by commercial biscuits and wet foods? Researchers are currently investigating a very clear link between commercial foods and cancers in domestic pets. Is research being done into the health issues that you are referring to?

    This last question is asked purely with my own curiosity in mind and from an earlier post of yours.

    The purists drive me insane. There are more health issues now in dogs, but that is NOT because of commercial foods.
    What is the cause of these health issues then? Something is doing it and commercial foods is roughly the only common factor across the board... What other conclusion do you draw from this?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Yes...there are more health issues than ever...and I THOROUGHLY believe this is due to the garbage in which they call "dog food".

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    So be honest here everyone, do you think my dogs are unhealthy?
    Education not Legislation

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    No, I don't think your dogs are unhealthy Myf.

    TBH, I fail to comprehend why anyone feels that this dietary issue MUST be a case of right or wrong. I don't like commercial dog food, and I don't feed it to my dog, but I can't understand why anyone else should give a flying bat's poo about my decision. It is solely that - my decision, just as Cleas' is hers, Annes is hers, and yours is yours.

    *Lot of is's in there. Phew*

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Im completely fine with anyone feeding their dog whatever they want. In fact, im happy to see that people actually care about the health of their dog. I have a problem with people telling me I am doing the wrong thing. Attempting to make me feel like a terrible dog owner.
    Education not Legislation

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Mine thrive on supercoat and raw, scraps, sometimes gasp, horror, tinned. Shiny coat, sweet breath, good stools.

    It is whatever works for yours that is best whether commercial raw etc. I feel variety and a mix is the best balance.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •