Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: Staffy That Has a Mass in the Right Nostril

  1. #11

    Default

    Ralph is stable at the moment. He is being kept fairly well sedated. His Trache is working well and oxygen levels are back to normal. We are trying to work out about getting him to Sydney for his CT scans. No one can tell us why his throat started swelling up and if there is any connection to what is going on in his nose. It is all very frustrating. Hopefully they can give us some answers in Sydney!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Poor Ralph can't take a trick at the moment. Got home today and his breathing was strange, so rushed him to vets to be checked, brought him home and tried to keep him quiet. His breathing got so bad that we had to take him to the emergency vet and he had to undergo an emergency Tracheostomy. So we are now unsure how we are going to get him to Sydney, he may have to go in the Animal Ambulance. We are waiting till later this morning to talk to the vet as he may even go to Sydney later this morning.
    I am so soooo sorry to har what is happening to Ralph!

    Will be crossing fingers and toes for your darling boy!!!!

  3. #13

    Default

    Went and visited the Ralph this evening. Poor little fellow, he thought we were there to bring him home. The trache is working well and we tried not to get him too excited. The NAEC really do a good job in looking after really sick animals. I will visit him tomorrow evening and then Tuesday its off to Sydney University.

  4. #14

    Default Update on Ralph

    Hi All,
    Ralph is going to spend a few days at Sydney University. They are only going to do blood tests and chest x-rays (due to the saga with the throat) and depending on those, CT Scans will be tomorrow and also endo scopes up nose, through mouth to back of nose and sinus and down throat. Hopefully we will get some answers.
    We ended up transporting him ourselves and he travelled well in the car and we didn't have to do any adjustments on his trache. The trache has made it so much easier for him to breath, but he has little airflow on left nostril and none on right at the moment.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Hi All,
    Ralph is going to spend a few days at Sydney University. They are only going to do blood tests and chest x-rays (due to the saga with the throat) and depending on those, CT Scans will be tomorrow and also endo scopes up nose, through mouth to back of nose and sinus and down throat. Hopefully we will get some answers.
    We ended up transporting him ourselves and he travelled well in the car and we didn't have to do any adjustments on his trache. The trache has made it so much easier for him to breath, but he has little airflow on left nostril and none on right at the moment.
    I hope thet find out what is happening with Ralph

    Keep us posted


  6. #16

    Default CT Scan and Eno scope results

    Poor Ralph has a tumour right nostril extending into his left nostril - inoperable. He has a tumour on his larix which caused his throat to swell and that is why he had to have the tracheostomy.
    Sydney University are going to try and remove the tumour on his larix tomorrow so that the tracheostomy tube can be removed and to buy Ralph a couple of months that he can spend with us so we can say goodbye. The only catch with doing this operation is if it compromises the cartledge in the larix. If it does, there is the posibility that he will aspirate on food or water. Hopefully the op will not compromise the larix cartledge and we can have a little time to spend with the little fellow and say goodbye. The vet has done a biopsy of the tumours and a fine needle aspiration. The biopsy results will be about five or six days, but the fine needle aspiration will be back quicker to give us a preliminary result of what type of cancer. Both my partner and myself are totally devistated.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Qld
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Oh No, I am so sorry it's bad news for poor Ralph. So sad.

    I really hope the operation goes well and you have some quality time with him before he goes to the bridge.
    The best things in life, aren't things

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    There is nothing to say that will comfort you I am soo sorry

    Please just enjoy the time you have together ...

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    Oh No, I am so sorry it's bad news for poor Ralph. So sad.

    I really hope the operation goes well and you have some quality time with him before he goes to the bridge.
    Thanks Tkay

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    There is nothing to say that will comfort you I am soo sorry

    Please just enjoy the time you have together ...
    Thanks JTDNTB. I just wish I was in Sydney with him at the moment and not stuck in Newcastle! But I suppose if I was in Sydney, I would just be getting in the way of the vets and their teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •