Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Messing with My Head....

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    So, what got her eating finally on those occasions?
    feeding her the same thing and eventually she gave in...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Well, there's your answer. Lol.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Ruby sounds like a smart little girl to me. "I'll just wait mum out and she'll offer something better eventually, I can do that because I'm not a pig."

    She may change as she matures. I gather since she is having a false pregnancy that it was also her first season. Once this all settles down she may become an entirely different dog.

    Can I ask if Sumo and her are fed close together? I'd be interested to know.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouseandchicken View Post
    Ruby sounds like a smart little girl to me. "I'll just wait mum out and she'll offer something better eventually, I can do that because I'm not a pig."

    She may change as she matures. I gather since she is having a false pregnancy that it was also her first season. Once this all settles down she may become an entirely different dog.

    Can I ask if Sumo and her are fed close together? I'd be interested to know.
    yes...first season for my little girl...she is only 9 months old.

    Yes...they eat in separate crates, but right next to each other. If I let them eat outside the crates...Sumo will just push her away and take her food...greedy bugga!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Now hear this...tried to feed her again tonight...had to bloody hand feed her. She actually cowered in her crate when I gave her her food....not good. Not quite sure what is going on?!?

    We have some the most BORING kibble here. It was given to us when Sumo was being tested for food allergies. It has more or less no smell...probably no taste...it looks like cardboard balls and she will happily eat that....hmmmmmm

    She will NOT eat turkey/beef/chicken mince...will not eat her minced carcasses, but she will eat cardboard kibble...you tell me....sigh.

    Problem with that kibble is that it only has 14% protein...not enough to sustain her muscle mass.....tsk tsk

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Now hear this...tried to feed her again tonight...had to bloody hand feed her. She actually cowered in her crate when I gave her her food....not good. Not quite sure what is going on?!?

    We have some the most BORING kibble here. It was given to us when Sumo was being tested for food allergies. It has more or less no smell...probably no taste...it looks like cardboard balls and she will happily eat that....hmmmmmm

    She will NOT eat turkey/beef/chicken mince...will not eat her minced carcasses, but she will eat cardboard kibble...you tell me....sigh.

    Problem with that kibble is that it only has 14% protein...not enough to sustain her muscle mass.....tsk tsk
    Not had to, chose to.

    Oh all right, tis not funny. When did she eat last prior to this kibble?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Not had to, chose to.

    Oh all right, tis not funny. When did she eat last prior to this kibble?
    yesterday morning

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Oh!

    I don't know, but I think she is eating the kibble because it is something different.
    So, she didn't eat her meaty bones or chicken pieces or anything yesterday or today at lunch?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawkesbury, NSW
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Umm, kinda thinking out loud here...

    - add something like warm chicken stock to her kibble
    - feed her somewhere other than her crate
    - move her crate somewhere else to feed her
    - feed her in a room when Sumo isn't in the room

    In My Home Dog Minding
    www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Oh!

    I don't know, but I think she is eating the kibble because it is something different.
    So, she didn't eat her meaty bones or chicken pieces or anything yesterday or today at lunch?
    nope

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •