Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Natural Balance

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    19

    Default Natural Balance

    Has anyone tried using Natural Balance dog food before?

    Natural Balance Website

    My new dog, Milly, has some allergies which I'm still trying to determine (I suspect they are food related) and I was recommended trialling this food with some raw meaty bones and nothing else (except water, obviously).

    Some of her symptoms are:
    - Itchy ears
    - Itchy paws
    - Lots of scratching on her back
    - White, flaky skin where she is scratching

    Any help/opinions would be much appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default

    TBH i'm not to impressed with any commercial dog food at all regardless of how cheap or expensive it is.... I am a barf feeder only.

    I can offer this advice tho... dry food & raw meat digest at different rates & i personally wouldn't be feeding both at the same meal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    TBH i'm not to impressed with any commercial dog food at all regardless of how cheap or expensive it is.... I am a barf feeder only.

    I can offer this advice tho... dry food & raw meat digest at different rates & i personally wouldn't be feeding both at the same meal.
    LOL I must be reading that totally wrong. What does it mean?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I give her some lamb necks in the morning and some biscuits in the evening.

    Just out of curiosity, with your BARF feeding, do you include raw vegetables?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanator View Post
    I give her some lamb necks in the morning and some biscuits in the evening.

    Just out of curiosity, with your BARF feeding, do you include raw vegetables?
    I too feed my Stafford lamb necks as they are a softer bone to digest & less likely to cause teeth damage or bowel blockage etc.

    I sure do add raw vegies & fruit to my dogs raw diet & the barf diet that i make up for my Stafford has been given the thumbs by the BARF legend & creator Dr. Billinghurst

    Here is a helpful links to BARF feeding, if you have any questions about BARF, just email Dr. Billinghurst himself, he is a helpful guy.

    BARF Australia - Home of Dr Billinghurst's biologically appropriate raw food for restoring animal wellness

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    I too feed my Stafford lamb necks as they are a softer bone to digest & less likely to cause teeth damage or bowel blockage etc.

    I sure do add raw vegies & fruit to my dogs raw diet & the barf diet that i make up for my Stafford has been given the thumbs by the BARF legend & creator Dr. Billinghurst

    Here is a helpful links to BARF feeding, if you have any questions about BARF, just email Dr. Billinghurst himself, he is a helpful guy.

    BARF Australia - Home of Dr Billinghurst's biologically appropriate raw food for restoring animal wellness
    Thank you very much

  7. #7

    Default

    I have a friend with a Staffy that suffered from really dry, itchy, flaky skin. She used to scratch until there was no fur left in places! She tried everything and nothing seemed to work, until a vet suggested to her the Hills Science Diet Sensitive Skin food. She started feeding it and within a week saw a huge difference. Within a month all irritated skin symptoms were gone- even the vet couldn't believe the difference! It's not cheap, but she worked out that she was actually saving money as she stopped using all the creams and pills the vet had been prescribing. I think it's definitely worth a try! I looked it up so here's the link: Pookinuk :: Buy - Hills Canine Sensitive Skin (Hills Dog Food) Hills Canine Sensitive Skin ), Melbourne, Australia

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Ryan,

    Just pop down to your local vet surgery and ask for a bottle of omega oil. Most vets will oblige you.

    Give her approx 10-30 ml per day in her food. The difference will be amazing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Oh, also, the point of feeding a natural food diet is just that - natural. To give both meat/natural diet and then dry commercial dog food or canned **** just defeats the purpose, I'm sorry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •