Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Vic Dog Surrenders

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keira & Phoenix View Post
    Not a good enough excuse.

    The Vic Government has made it clear that if you register your Pitbull or Pitbull X as a restricted breed prior to the date and comply by the laws your dogs are safe.

    What exactly are they scared of?

    They betrayed their loyal dogs by doing what they did and that is unforgivable. As is letting them die in a pound or shelter on their own surrounded by scared dogs and strangers. DISGUSTING and you won't change my mind on that. If I knew someone who did this, I WOULD NEVER talk to them again. This is unacceptable.
    People need to grow some balls and start taking responsibility for the cruddy things they do.

    And they should never be allowed to have another dog, cat or animal again because clearly they do not care enough.
    They could have also been un registered dogs. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    They may be scared of their dogs!!!!
    And that is just plain stupid. If they have bought their dog up correctly they have no reason to fear their dogs, not to mention how do you just wake up one day and decide your afraid of your own dog!

    So again the onus falls back on the owner, if they think their dog is possibly human aggressive then they haven't raised it right and they once again should not be allowed to have a dog. It is people like that, that have dogs involved in attacks because of their irresponsibility or lack of education on dog behaviour/dog training etc.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    They could have also been un registered dogs. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
    Sorry I am not sure what point you are trying to make here?

  4. #14

    Default

    There must be a valid reason why people are surrendering their dogs.
    The only thing that makes sense to me is that they have unregistered pitbull mixes and are surrendering them to comply with the law.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    There must be a valid reason why people are surrendering their dogs.
    The only thing that makes sense to me is that they have unregistered pitbull mixes and are surrendering them to comply with the law.
    Maybe they just dont know what the hell is going on! I wouldnt know what was going on either unless I was apart of this forum! Even then its hard to follow anything thats a mix of personal oppinion, facts, media hype..

    They are telling people these dogs are visious beasts that can click at any moment and eat your babies. People are scared, they have more then likely been given conflicting information if they are going by news articles, rumours, vets oppinions etc!

    Then they are being told if they dont obey their orders they may be fined or jailed!

    What people didnt think this was going to happen?
    Rubylisious


  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    There must be a valid reason why people are surrendering their dogs.
    The only thing that makes sense to me is that they have unregistered pitbull mixes and are surrendering them to comply with the law.
    The law IS NOT that you have to surrender your dogs if they are unregistered. The law is that you have to register your dog before September 30th.

    Do you really think people have to have a valid reason for surrendering these dogs? Have you worked in rescue? 80% of the dogs surrendered are surrendered for the least valid reasons you could possibly think of. People are disgusting and have zero respect for other living creatures in most cases (obviously there are a lot of people who DO, such as those of us on here) and feel no loyalty to their animals.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Lover View Post
    Maybe they just dont know what the hell is going on! I wouldnt know what was going on either unless I was apart of this forum! Even then its hard to follow anything thats a mix of personal oppinion, facts, media hype..

    They are telling people these dogs are visious beasts that can click at any moment and eat your babies. People are scared, they have more then likely been given conflicting information if they are going by news articles, rumours, vets oppinions etc!

    Then they are being told if they dont obey their orders they may be fined or jailed!

    What people didnt think this was going to happen?

    Do you honestly think that people who own/owned pitbulls haven't already heard all that crap about them. About them snapping suddenly, about lock jaws etc etc. Honestly it is the first thing you know about when you have a pitbull is the bad reputation following them.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Lover View Post
    Maybe they just dont know what the hell is going on! I wouldnt know what was going on either unless I was apart of this forum! Even then its hard to follow anything thats a mix of personal oppinion, facts, media hype..

    They are telling people these dogs are visious beasts that can click at any moment and eat your babies. People are scared, they have more then likely been given conflicting information if they are going by news articles, rumours, vets oppinions etc!

    Then they are being told if they dont obey their orders they may be fined or jailed!

    What people didnt think this was going to happen?
    Exactly.. the media does have impact and the regular Joe could become fearful of their own dog if they have been told, gentle loving family dogs suddenly snap and eat their children. They could be worried they would go to jail if they don't surrender their dogs.. so much conflicting information.

    Judge them all you want, but you aren't walking in their shoes.

  9. #19

    Default

    Oh and I had a dog that I became fearful of. I re-homed her to someone who could handle her better than me. Not the same as dumping at the pound, but I do know that people can become fearful of their own dogs.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Exactly.. the media does have impact and the regular Joe could become fearful of their own dog if they have been told, gentle loving family dogs suddenly snap and eat their children. They could be worried they would go to jail if they don't surrender their dogs.. so much conflicting information.

    Judge them all you want, but you aren't walking in their shoes.
    Um actually I am one of only a few people on this forum who CAN imagine walking in their shoes. I have a PITBULL pugger and guess what none of the bullshit media hype makes me fear my dog, it doesn't make me fear she will snap, it doesn't make me think we will attack my family or other dogs and it certainly wouldn't cause me to dump her in a pound to die.

    In the end they could still do the right thing by their family pet and have them put to sleep at a vet clinic in their owners arms instead of in a dirty stinking pound!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •