Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 373

Thread: OMG my next door neighbor has bought a red nosed pit bull!!!!

  1. #341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    right, now if i had been removed from my alcoholic family and into a family where alcohol was consumed responsibily, and i was loved and nurtured and taken care of etc, do you still think i would be prone to be an alcoholic?

    Unfortunately yes, due to your genes you would still be prone to alcoholism although maybe not as much. Both nature and nurture play a part. Studies were done on monkeys that steal drinks from holiday resorts, and the proportions of heavy drinkers, moderate drinkers, and non-drinkers were about the same as in humans. Genes have a huge influence on how your life turns out.

  2. #342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elle.burns View Post
    This is pathetic..I'm out
    have fun with that
    Yup, pathetic started between you and me when you decided to call me arrogant for simply stating some facts. Clearly you've found yourself out of you depth with NO facts to back your argument and have decided to once again attack by calling my argument pathetic.

    ETA : oh and here is a report from the Monash University researcher who compiled the FACTS ...

    http://www.monash.edu.au/news/show/b...ulls-wont-work
    Last edited by Sean; 01-13-2013 at 07:07 AM.

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Wow you're quite aggressive...I never attacked you i never said ur argument was pathetic I said THIS is pathetic meaning our little exchanges going completely beside the point and just your silly questions about non related statistics re: car accidents and murderers etc when we're talking about dogs..this is what I don't like about forums..I don't even usually bother commenting on bsl threads coz y'all get so defensive if anyone has a point of view that doesn't exactly mirror your own you slam the hell out of it and whoever said it. Making out I'm uneducated or whatever you were implying now that is PATHETIC.. I simply agreed with a post someone wrote on here and you attacked me but it doesn't get to me I'm happy with my beliefs on this matter and don't feel the need to force my opinions down people's throat on an Internet forum
    Last edited by Sean; 01-13-2013 at 07:08 AM.

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Unfortunately yes, due to your genes you would still be prone to alcoholism although maybe not as much. Both nature and nurture play a part. Studies were done on monkeys that steal drinks from holiday resorts, and the proportions of heavy drinkers, moderate drinkers, and non-drinkers were about the same as in humans. Genes have a huge influence on how your life turns out.
    Thank you

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bundaberg QLD
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Hey guys....just keeping things cool by deleting that little 'door/arse' thing.

    "Ding, ding......round 346" LOL...i ran out of puff about 300 posts ago


    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
    DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Why are some of you arguing with one another, whether you like Pitbulls or not who cares. What is Important is we support every breed, aren't we all dog lovers because if we don't BSL will claim them all we must stand together. In other countries the term Pitbull covers a number of breeds so arguing about APBTs and stats is a waste of time. I have never owned a APBT just for the record as I like GSDs and Rotties.
    Chloe & Zorro
    Rottweilers and German Shepherds are Family

  7. #347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadielee87 View Post
    I don't really see why?
    Just going nowhere near close from the original topic - someone already started a thread debate about pitbull - go comment there not in this thread
    m<(o.o)>m

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Why are some of you arguing with one another, whether you like Pitbulls or not who cares. What is Important is we support every breed, aren't we all dog lovers because if we don't BSL will claim them all we must stand together. In other countries the term Pitbull covers a number of breeds so arguing about APBTs and stats is a waste of time. I have never owned a APBT just for the record as I like GSDs and Rotties.
    That's exactly right Dogman. I don't like certain breeds of dogs however I would never try and justify that breed being eradicated through no fault of its own just because I didn't like it. I suppose most people would be happy when we end up like Italy did and have a list of banned dogs a mile long.

    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

  9. #349
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bayswater, Western Australia
    Posts
    134

    Default

    All dogs are canis lupus familiaris; all dogs are dogs. There is not one dog breed that is different from any other dog. I'd love to pretend that my Hobbes is a more important dog because he is a pit bull, but he is not. He is just another dog.

    Surely it is time for us all to stop argueing and move on.

    ricey
    The APBT is the best of the best dogs (but it is just a dog, like any other breed of dog)

    My avatar? It's a pit bull in a poodle suit (a bit like me really)

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    179

    Default

    ricey you live in bayswater?!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •