Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 373

Thread: OMG my next door neighbor has bought a red nosed pit bull!!!!

  1. #301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mymatejack View Post
    I'm not sure which planet you live on but it's pretty much a daily occurence in my experience. Obviously they are not a constant threat to bigger dogs as far as physical injuries go but there is a very real threat that big dog will get the blame and potentially get the needle. If you haven't seen the constant "little dog syndrome" I'd be very surprised!
    A daily occurance? Really? Where do you live? I see a lot of little dog syndrome cases but they're rarely stupid enough to pick fights with dogs that could eat them in a couple of bites. They pick their targets wisely, much like humans do. Most often when they yap, it's in response to being loomed over and a result of insecurity. Even with the occurrances I've seen in which a bigger dog disciplines a little dog, it rarely results in injury and I've never seen a big dog seriously injure or kill a smaller dog because of annoying yappy behaviour. In my experience big dogs tend to be confident with their power and show restraint when dealing with smaller dogs.

    I've dealt with a lot of powerful dogs, and in nearly all cases where they attack another dog, the attack is unprovoked or based on fear and misinterpretation of body language.

    You make it seem as if all serious attacks are the result of harrassment or provocation, this is definitely not the case.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    When I lived in suburbia and would take Harley walking around the local lake he would be barked at/lunged at daily by little dogs. Didn't matter if we were just walking or were stopped to the side. Even now on acreage we have little dogs on our street that will rush us. They don't really give a crap how big or powerful Harley is.

    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

  3. #303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadielee87 View Post
    When I lived in suburbia and would take Harley walking around the local lake he would be barked at/lunged at daily by little dogs. Didn't matter if we were just walking or were stopped to the side. Even now on acreage we have little dogs on our street that will rush us. They don't really give a crap how big or powerful Harley is.
    Is this on or off leash? Because on leash is a different story, little dogs will feel more powerful because they're connected to a human. I've noticed they will do things that will allow them to control the situation, such as hiding behind fences or straining at a leash.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bayswater, Western Australia
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Originally Posted by mymatejack
    I'm not sure which planet you live on but it's pretty much a daily occurence in my experience. Obviously they are not a constant threat to bigger dogs as far as physical injuries go but there is a very real threat that big dog will get the blame and potentially get the needle. If you haven't seen the constant "little dog syndrome" I'd be very surprised!
    I've dealt with a lot of powerful dogs, and in nearly all cases where they attack another dog, the attack is unprovoked or based on fear and misinterpretation of body language.

    You make it seem as if all serious attacks are the result of harrassment or provocation, this is definitely not the case.
    Mosh, you continue with your relentless but misinformed crusade.

    You have not come up with a single research article article or an opinion other than your own to support your jaundiced view of the doggy world. You continue to make sweeping statements like

    I've dealt with a lot of powerful dogs, and in nearly all cases where they attack another dog, the attack is unprovoked or based on fear and misinterpretation of body language
    but you have never come up with an ounce of evidence other than your personal view of things. I too have dealt with a lot of powerful dogs but my experience is very dissimilar to yours. I'd suggest that a majority of dog "experts" experience is not like your reported experience.

    You are coming across as an opinionated shouter who has not got a single shred of evidence to support their view. I have no doubt that I could find a self-proclaimed dog expert who would say:

    I've dealt with a lot of powerful dogs, and in nearly all cases where they attack another dog, the attack is provoked and based on a realistic interpretation of body language
    You have your opinions, but you have no facts to back them up with.

    Cheers,

    ricey
    The APBT is the best of the best dogs (but it is just a dog, like any other breed of dog)

    My avatar? It's a pit bull in a poodle suit (a bit like me really)

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Is this on or off leash? Because on leash is a different story, little dogs will feel more powerful because they're connected to a human. I've noticed they will do things that will allow them to control the situation, such as hiding behind fences or straining at a leash.
    In suburbia all on leash, in my current suburb Harley is on leash little fluffers are off leash. Still doesn't change the fact that if Harley were to retaliate who would be to blame? The big scary pit bull or sweet little white dog.

    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

  6. #306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricey View Post
    Mosh, you continue with your relentless but misinformed crusade.
    lol Ricey, which crusade would that be?

    You seem to be someone who needs an enemy and who tries to make people fit that role regardless of what their actual opinions are, all they have to do is dare to disagree with Ricey The Supreme And Powerful. This is a pattern of behaviour for you dating back from before I even joined this forum. I'm sure I'd see similar things on the other forums you frequent. You seem to have a habit of singling out one person and being aggressive towards them, using a writing style like you're some kind of weird circus ringleader addressing a crowd. You say things like "everyone thinks you're full of it" and "nobody supports you" as if it's some kind of reality show popularity contest. Your narcissism relies on getting attention, which is why you "spat the dummy" in the thread you made when you thought nobody was paying attention to you. Then you whine about being attacked when criticized for your bizarre behaviour.

  7. #307

    Default

    As an owner of large to giant dogs I can confidently say that they are commonly rushed by small dogs - on or offlead. My dogs hate little dogs for that reasons. If they can't get away from a small dog they could easily lash out at it (they don't usually but the capacity is there) - as they have been subject of many unprovoked attacks from small dogs.

    And my dogs can kill rabbits or foxes with one grab and head shake - they are wolfhounds after all. A small dog would be but a mouthful for them - but that doesn't stop them all too often running in and instigating.

    People seem to think it's hilarious - "look at the sooky big dog trying to get away from the tiny one!" It's just as well they do their utmost to get away as standing their ground and returning the aggression would be a full on experience to say the least!

  8. #308

    Default

    Here's a nice story about the Michael Vick dogs :

    Rescued Michael Vick Dogs Reunited 5 Years Later - ABC News

  9. #309
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bayswater, Western Australia
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    lol Ricey, which crusade would that be?

    You seem to be someone who needs an enemy and who tries to make people fit that role regardless of what their actual opinions are, all they have to do is dare to disagree with Ricey The Supreme And Powerful. This is a pattern of behaviour for you dating back from before I even joined this forum. I'm sure I'd see similar things on the other forums you frequent. You seem to have a habit of singling out one person and being aggressive towards them, using a writing style like you're some kind of weird circus ringleader addressing a crowd. You say things like "everyone thinks you're full of it" and "nobody supports you" as if it's some kind of reality show popularity contest. Your narcissism relies on getting attention, which is why you "spat the dummy" in the thread you made when you thought nobody was paying attention to you. Then you whine about being attacked when criticized for your bizarre behaviour.
    LOL @ Mosh!

    Just once, I'd hope that you had chosen to answer calmly, rather than relying on personal attacks. You really should go back and re-read your posts to me; any reasonable person would assess your posts as being far more vitriolic and certainly more intentionally hurtful than mine.

    I had the good grace to apologise on my thread for saying things in haste after I'd had a particularly difficult day. You chose to use my apology as if it was a weakness that somehow entitled you to attack me.

    You seem to rely solely on the ad hominem arguement, and I suggest that you should actually just try to answer the arguement.

    All this effort put in by you to belittle me; I really wonder what your motivation is.

    Regards,

    ricey
    The APBT is the best of the best dogs (but it is just a dog, like any other breed of dog)

    My avatar? It's a pit bull in a poodle suit (a bit like me really)

  10. #310

    Default

    Maybe both of you should play the ball and not the man?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •